Sharjah Award for an Emirati Book
Designed to encourage and promote the blossoming of Emirati literary community, The Sharjah Award for an Emirati Book promotes the role of Emirati published books, whether it is an academic journal, a compilation of written work, or a translation.
• The Best Emirati Book by an Emirati Creative Writer
• The Best Emirati Academic Book
• The Best Emirati Foreign Translated Book
• The Best Emirati Book about the UAE
• Encouraging local writers and publishers to meet the requirement of science and knowledge development in the UAE
• Encouraging sustainable productivity of local creative writers and communicating their productions
• Encouraging local academic studies on different local issues in the UAE in the fields of arts, literature, environment and science
• Promoting the translations of books on different local issues in the UAE to promote a dialogue and introduce the UAE internationally through writings in the fields of creativity, history, art and science
• Encouraging and enabling publishers to produce high calibre work on the UAE and developing the local publishing industry
• Nominated book must be new and unique in its field
• The first edition of the nominated book must have been published in the past one year prior to current SIBF
• Nominated book should not be a revised edition
• Nominated writer must not have won the Best Emirati Book by an Emirati Creative Writer in the past two years
• Nominated book must not have won a literary award before
• SIBF organizers shall not return submitted copies to nominees
• SIBF organizers shall have the right to use covers of and excerpts from awarded books in all types of SIBF marketing communications without taking the approval from the publisher or writer
• Winning writers shall be invited to attend the awards ceremony prior to current SIBF
• The candidates have no right to contest any of the jury decisions
• The next award shall be announced after closing the current SIBF each year
• Nominations shall be closed at the end of August of each year
• Winners shall be announced at the start of the current SIBF
• The value of the prize will be divided equally between the author and the publishing house, unless the publishing contract and intellectual property rights state otherwise.
• Recognition and appreciation shall be for the author alone.
To Register, please click here.